BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Join Our Team of Volunteers
Volunteers are one of our most valuable resources! We rely on an enthusiastic and dedicated team of volunteers to sustain Barns of Rose Hill operations and programs throughout our busy, year-round schedule of events.
If you would like to contribute your time and skills by becoming a volunteer, please fill out our volunteer application. We will then contact you about volunteering opportunities.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
We offer many fun and rewarding ways to volunteer at Barns of Rose Hill. All gifts of time and talent are gratefully accepted.
Visitor Center & Box Office
Friendly and courteous volunteers are needed to greet visitors, answer questions, and sell event tickets at the Barns of Rose Hill Box Office and Berryville-Clarke County Visitor Center.
- Sharing information – on the phone and in person – about upcoming Barns of Rose Hill events, exhibits, classes and workshops, and programs.
- Selling tickets. Note: Use our iPad Square point-of-sale system is required.
- Giving tours of the Barns of Rose Hill venue.
- Providing information about local attractions, restaurants, shops, history, and area events.
Event Set-Up and/or Breakdown
- Set Up Before Events:
Put the stage together, move and organize chairs and tables, and stock restrooms with towels and tissue.
- Break Down After Events:
Move and stack chairs, break down and stow tables, and break down stage.
MUST BE 21 OR OLDER
- Set up the bar before the event.
- Smiling and courteous volunteers pour wine and beer, sell soft drinks, keep coolers stocked, and drinks cool.
- Must be able to operate our iPad Square point-of-sale system, make change correctly, and make credit card transactions.
- Breakdown of the bar after the event.
Poster & Brochure Distribution
- Distribute event posters and brochures to local businesses and public bulletin boards.
- Scout new locations to display promotional materials.
- Hang artwork in galleries for exhibits.
Cleaning, Recycling & Maintenance Support
- Sweep the main Performance Hall.
- Wash entry windows.
- Cleaning guest house rooms.
- Collect trash and recycling.
- Water plants.
- For those with the applicable skills, HVAC maintenance, electrical work and repairs, general repairs, and maintenance.
Barns of Rose Hill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Tax Identification # 27-0103521
Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.